|Library Cards||Materials & Equipment|
|Renewals & Reserves||Conference Room|
|Overdue & Lost Materials||History of the Library|
Eligibility For Library Card:
As a member of the Waukesha County Federated libray system, the Butler Public Library serves all residents and taxpayers of Waukesha County. There is no age or skill requirement for obtaining a card.
- A free library card will be issued to any resident of Waukesha county eighteen years of age or older who presents a picture ID and proof of current residency.
- A free library card will be issued to any resident of Waukuesha County under the age of eighteen who is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian presenting a picture ID and proof of current residency. The card must be signed in the presence of the parent or legal guardian.
- The library also honors the valid borrowers' cards from any public library in a system that has a cooperative borrowing agreement with the Waukesha County Federated Library System, (as well as those cards from libraries within Wisconsin public library systems, other than Milwaukee county Federated Library System). To be eligible to check out materials from Butler Public Library, a potential customer who resides outside of Waukesha County boundaries must present a library card from their local library and identification which proves current residency.
- All others pay an annual fee for a library card.
- In case of change of address or losing a card please notify the library as soon as possible. To replace a lost library card the fee is $1.00.
- 3 weeks for: Books, audio books on tape, music CDs and magazines.
- 1 week for: VHS tapes, and DVDs.
- Renewals: Two renewals are allowed on all items (unless they are on hold for another patron).
- Reserves: The library keeps items for one week that a patron put on hold. After the one week period, the hold is removed from the patron's card and the item is returned to the owning library.
- All Waukesha county items (including DVDs/CDs) may be returned in the outdoor Butler library book drop or the inside book drop at the circulation desk.
- Materials from Butler library can also be returned at any Waukesha county library.
Overdue & Lost Materials:
- Fines for DVDs/VHS tapes: $1.00 per day.
- Fines for all other materials: 15¢ per day.
- For lost and damaged materials please inform the library as soon as possible to take care of fines or to pay for the replacement of the material (costs vary).
Materials & Equipment:
- Butler library offers a wide variety of materials: books, magazines, newspapers, large print books, videos in VHS and DVD format, books on tape and CD as well as music CDs.
- Black and white photocopier is available to make copies for 20¢ per copy.
- Black and white printer (connected to computers) is available for 20¢ per copy. Color printer is available for 40¢ per copy.
- There is NOT a fax machine available for sending faxes.
*Patrons must sign up at front desk to use the public computers as well as show a Waukesha county library card or driver's license/applicable ID.*
- 12 public computer available for patrons with internet access (limit of time is 3 hours for patrons with Waukesha county library cards and 60 minutes for guest patrons from Milwaukee or surrounding counties).
- 4 children's public computers with internet access and a variety of age appropriate games; some games require disc which is available at the front desk (limit of time is 3 hours for patrons with Waukesha county library cards and 60 minutes for guest patrons from Milwaukee or surrounding counties).
- 2 laptop computers available for online catalog access only (to place holds/look for materials/etc).
- Free wireless is available at the library - for any issues please ask at the front desk. *Wireless card is needed by patron in order to use.*
- Headphones are available for use on the computers at the front desk. Your library card or ID is required to use the headphones. (We hold it until you return them.)
- The library offers a conference room. Applications to reserve this room may be picked up from the front desk (only non-profit organizations will be allowed to use the room).
- The conference room can hold up to 20 people.
Gail Duernberger---- Director --- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlene R. ----- Assistant Director
Lisa C. ---- Children's Services
Georgeane S. ---- Circulation
Lora J. ---- Circulation
Sharon D. ---- Circulation
Ellen R. --- Circulation
Rebecca K. --- Shelver
History of the Library:
- Butler Public Library Established
- Friends of the Butler Library became a tax-exempt corporation
- Fund raising for the new library began
- Land for the new library was acquired by the Village of Butler
- Groundbreaking for the new library
- Construction began
- Grand opening of the new Butler Public Library