|Library Cards||Materials & Equipment|
|Renewals & Reserves||Conference Room|
|Overdue & Lost Materials||History of the Library|
- Cards are available free of charge to anyone within Waukesha county. In order to apply for a card you need a driver's license with your current address on it or a piece of mail with your current address. A parent/guardian must sign the application for children under 18.
- Milwaukee county residents may get library cards but the fee is $40.00 per year.
- In case of change of address or losing a card please notify the library as soon as possible. To replace a lost library card the fee is $1.00.
- 3 weeks for: Books, audio books on tape or CD.
- 1 week for: VHS tapes, DVDs, magazines and music CD's.
- Renewals: Two renewals are allowed on all items (unless they are on hold for another patron).
- Reserves: The library keeps items for one week that a patron put on hold. After the one week period, the hold is removed from the patron's card and the item/s returned to the owning library.
- All Waukesha county items (including DVD's/CD's) may be returned in the outdoor Butler library book drop or the inside book drop in the circulation desk.
- Materials from Butler library can also be returned at any Waukesha county library.
- Items can be returned from Menomonee Falls and New Berlin to Butler library but they will NOT be checked in that day (items get returned to the owning library and then get checked in).
Overdue & Lost Materials:
- Fines for DVD's/VHS tapes: $1.00 per day.
- Fines for all other materials: 15¢ per day.
- For lost and damaged materials please inform the library as soon as possible to take care of fines or to pay for the replacement of the material (costs vary).
Materials & Equipment:
- Butler library offers a wide variety of materials: books, magazines, newspapers, large print books, videos in VHS and DVD format, books on tape and CD as well as music CD's.
- Black and white photocopier is available to make copies for 15¢ per copy.
- Black and white printer (connected to computers) is available for 15¢ per copy. Color printer is available for 30¢ per copy.
- There is currently NOT a fax machine available.
*Patrons must sign up at front desk to use the public computers as well as show a Waukesha county library card or driver's license/applicable ID.*
- 12 public computer available for patrons with internet access (limit of time is 3 hours for patrons with Waukesha county library cards and 60 minutes for guest patrons from Milwaukee or surrounding counties).
- 4 children's public computers with internet access and a variety of age appropriate games; some games require disc which is available at the front desk (limit of time is 3 hours for patrons with Waukesha county library cards and 60 minutes for guest patrons from Milwaukee or surrounding counties).
- 2 laptop computers available for online catalog access only (to place holds/look for materials/etc).
- Free wireless is available at the library - for any issues please ask at the front desk. *Wireless card is needed by patron in order to use.*
- Headphones are available for use on the computers at the front desk.
- The library offers a conference room. Applications to reserve this room may be picked up from the front desk (only non-profit organizations will be allowed to use the room).
- The conference room can hold up to 20 people.
Gail Duernberger---- Director --- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlene R. ----- Assistant Director
Lisa C. ---- Children's Services
Georgeane S. ---- Circulation
Lora J. ---- Circulation
Sharon D. ---- Circulation
Ellen R. --- Circulation
Rebecca K. --- Shelver
History of the Library:
- Butler Public Library Established
- Friends of the Butler Library became a tax-exempt corporation
- Fund raising for the new library began
- Land for the new library was acquired by the Village of Butler
- Groundbreaking for the new library
- Construction began
- Grand opening of the new Butler Public Library