*To use our public computers, we ask patrons to sign in at the front desk. You will need to present your valid Waukesha County Library Card or driver’s license/applicable ID to use a computer.
We ask that you do not eat while sitting at the computers. Drink is allowed but only in covered containers.
Butler Public Library has the following for public use:
- 12 public computers with internet access available for adult patrons. (There is a limit 3 hours for patrons with Waukesha County library cards and 60 minutes for guest patrons).
- 4 children’s public computers with internet access and a variety of age appropriate games; some games require a disc which is available at the front desk (limit of time is 3 hours for patrons with Waukesha county library cards and 60 minutes for guest patrons). We do not filter the children’s internet computers. Adults are responsible for supervising their children.
- 2 laptop computers are available for online catalog access only (to place holds/look for materials/etc).
- Free wireless is available at the library – for any issues please ask at the front desk.
- You can use your own headphones to listen to audio files or videos on the computer. Headphones are available at the front desk for use on the computers. To borrow headphones you will need your library card or ID. (We hold it until you return the headphones).
- The library offers a small meeting/conference room. The room is available to non-profit organizations wishing to hold meetings at the library. Applications to reserve this room may be picked up from the front desk. For questions, contact the director.
- The conference room can hold up to 20 people.
- The conference room has a project screen. A digital projector is available upon request. Please request the project before your event to be sure we have it available.
Quiet Study Carrels
- The library offers 2 – one or two person study carrels for quiet study.
- The carrels are available on a first come, first served basis.
- We ask that no more than two persons use the room at a time.
- Please use the sign in sheet at the front desk if you wish to use a quiet study carrel.