Butler Library Services Expanded- June 1, 2020 Update
Library Services Expanded
Starting June 1, 2020, the Butler Public Library will be beginning to expand the services we can safely offer our patrons during the below hours:
Monday – Thursday 12:00-5:00
Curbside Pickup – Continues by placing items on hold through Café Catalog and scheduling a pickup time.
Computer Use – You will be able to reserve a computer for 30 minutes. Reservations can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Make a reservation using your library card through our website www.butler.lib.wi.us or by calling the library 262-783-2535.
Copying – The photocopier will be available for use.
In Person Check Out – will be available at the Circulation Desk
Please click here for FAQs about the new guidelines.
Based on recommended guidelines, the following safety measures are in place:
- Do not come to the Library if you are sick, exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Social distancing of 6ft apart must be followed at all times. The floor will be marked with proper spacing.
- A maximum of 10 patrons in the building at one time, maintaining social distancing.
- The restrooms will be open, please wash your hands after entering the building.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for use.
For staff and patron protection:
- Ring the doorbell if needed. Our doors will remain locked so we can adhere to proper social distancing in the building. A staff member will be at the doors to greet patrons and allow entrance as space allows.
- All library items still need to be returned in the outside book drop so they may be properly quarantined. The inside book drop is closed.
- Staff will be wearing masks. We ask that patrons do the same.
- Sneeze guards are in place at the circulation desk.
- High touch areas of the Library will be sanitized during the day, and after close each day.
Reading areas and common seating are still closed until further notice, for safety reasons. Thank you for your continued support and love of our library services! Libraries are busy community centers with heavy foot traffic and high touch public areas. We want to make sure we can adjust our services and space to the current public health circumstances. This means rolling out services slowly so that we can manage crowds and maintain a clean space for you. We will continually reevaluate and adjust our plan, keeping the safety of patrons and staff at the forefront. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Library Services Expanded FAQs
- Why are the Library hours shortened? The plan is to slowly work back up to normal hours of service. The timing depends on how library staff will be able to manage the number of patrons, maintain a clean space for everyone, and the current public health circumstances.
- Why are the Library doors locked? The doors remain locked so staff can monitor the number of people in the building, with everyone being able to maintain a social distance of 6 feet apart.
- Will I be able to browse the stacks? Yes you can, but we ask that you respect the amount of time spent in the library if others are waiting to enter.
- How do I pick up my holds? Curbside service is still available. You can call the library to schedule a pick up time once you are notified your holds are in. Or, you may come to the circulation desk to pick up holds and check out items as you normally would.
- Will I be able to stay in the library to read or work? Not at this time. Tables and chairs have been removed from common areas.
- Will the newspapers be available? Not at this time.
- What if I need more than 30 minutes on the computer? Contact library staff. Extensions may be given depending on availability and number of patrons in the building.
- Your Library staff is here to assist you in any way we can. Please call the Library at 262-783-2535 during business hours of 12-5 Mon-Thurs, and 12-3 on Fridays with any questions or needs you may have.