Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
Fall is here! Celebrate the season with Butler Public Library by participating in the Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Choose your favorite book or character as your theme and start creating. Paint it, dress it, accessorize it, but just don’t carve it! All pumpkin entries are due at the Library by Monday, Oct. 12th by 6pm.
Pumpkin Contest Rules
- Real or fake pumpkins may be used.
- Pumpkins should not be carved or punctured. Carved pumpkins will not be accepted into the contest.
- Pumpkins should be small or medium sized (something that can be easily moved and carried.)
- Pumpkins should be crafted at home using materials such as paint, fabric, feathers, button, beads, ect. If you wish you may include a picture of the book cover to display with your pumpkin.
- No lighting or flames allowed.
- An entry form must be completed for each entry. Entry form is available here.
- Pumpkins can be dropped off Monday, Oct. 5 starting at 11am through Monday, Oct. 12th at 6pm.
This event is open to families, kids ages 6-11, and teens 12-17. All pumpkins can stay on display at BPL until October 29th. Any pumpkins not picked up by Oct. 29th will be discarded.
The contest will award a winner for Best Character/Book Concept per age group.
And three overall entries will have a chance to win for Funniest, Scariest, or Most Creative. Winning pumpkins will be posted to the Butler Public Library Facebook Page and Website.
Thank you to the Friends of Butler Public Library for their generous prize donations to this year’s Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest.