June 1, 2020
Library Services Expanded
Starting June 1, 2020, the Butler Public Library will be beginning to expand the services we can safely offer our patrons during the below hours:
Monday – Thursday 12:00-5:00
Curbside Pickup – Continues by placing items on hold through Café Catalog and scheduling a pickup time.
Computer Use – You will be able to reserve a computer for 30 minutes. Reservations can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Make a reservation using your library card through our website www.butler.lib.wi.us or by calling the library 262-783-2535.
Copying – The photocopier will be available for use.
In Person Check Out – will be available at the Circulation Desk
Please click here for FAQs about the new guidelines.
Based on recommended guidelines, the following safety measures are in place:
- Do not come to the Library if you are sick, exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Social distancing of 6ft apart must be followed at all times. The floor will be marked with proper spacing.
- A maximum of 10 patrons in the building at one time, maintaining social distancing.
- The restrooms will be open, please wash your hands after entering the building.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for use.
For staff and patron protection:
- Ring the doorbell if needed. Our doors will remain locked so we can adhere to proper social distancing in the building. A staff member will be at the doors to greet patrons and allow entrance as space allows.
- All library items still need to be returned in the outside book drop so they may be properly quarantined. The inside book drop is closed.
- Staff will be wearing masks. We ask that patrons do the same.
- Sneeze guards are in place at the circulation desk.
- High touch areas of the Library will be sanitized during the day, and after close each day.
Reading areas and common seating are still closed until further notice, for safety reasons. Thank you for your continued support and love of our library services! Libraries are busy community centers with heavy foot traffic and high touch public areas. We want to make sure we can adjust our services and space to the current public health circumstances. This means rolling out services slowly so that we can manage crowds and maintain a clean space for you. We will continually reevaluate and adjust our plan, keeping the safety of patrons and staff at the forefront. Thank you for your patience and understanding!