Our Summer 2020 Reading Program Has Come to an End!
Way to go summer reading participants!
This was a crazy year for our summer readers – all of us had to learn how to use Beanstack, which allowed readers to record books or minutes from their computer or phone. Our Beanstack participants collectively read 282 books and read 29,193 minutes! Congratulations to all our lucky prize winners, and a big thank you to Butler Library Friends for purchasing our summer reading rewards. Great job everyone!
Summer Reading Program 2020
Summer Reading is going virtual this year with Beanstack*!
Whether you are in the library or at home, you can fully participate in the program. Readers of all ages are welcome to join the Butler Public Library Summer Reading Program by downloading the Beanstack app or logging on through Butler’s own page on the website https://butler.beanstack.org.
Beanstack is the library’s web-based Summer Reading Challenge software. It allows you to track your reading, write book reviews, and complete activities to earn digital badges and tickets. The tickets can be entered into raffle drawings for a variety of prizes.
There are 4 age groups, each called a Challenge, in Beanstack.
The Challenges are:
0-5 years – Preschool
6-12 years – Youth
13-17 years – Teen
18+ years – Adults
Each Challenge (age group) logs minutes (Youth, Teen, and Adult) or books (Preschool only) to earn badges. A badge is a “Great Job!” for reaching that level. However, some of the badges are linked to virtual tickets that can be entered into Prize Baskets. You can also earn badges (with tickets) for registering, completing the challenge, giving book reviews and completing an activity!
To sign up, go online to the Butler Public Library page on the Beanstack website https://butler.
- Click on “Register an individual or Family.”
- Fill in the information! (If you are a parent registering a child, be sure to enter your information in under “Adult Information”. Beanstack allows families to be linked together, so that all family members can be accessed with one login.)
- The individual registering everyone is also the person who will do the logging of minutes or books read. If a youth or teen wants to log their own reading, it is recommended that they make their own Beanstack account.
- Registration will ask for your email and phone number. One of these is needed so we may contact you in the event you are a prize winner!
- Once registered, you will be taken to your account page. This is where you will log your books read (Preschool), minutes and activities, and track the badges you earn.
Early registration begins June 8th and Summer Reading officially begins June 15th and runs though July 31st.
Summer Reading coupons will be available after June 24, however, due to event cancellations and closures, supplies are very limited. You may pick them up at the library. First come, first serve.
If a patron doesn’t have access to the app or website, they are invited to use the public computers at the library to register and log into their Beanstack account.
We are excited to offer you Summer Reading using Beanstack! Please call the library or stop in if you have any questions. Staff is here to help you! Happy reading!