Library Use Policy
The library will serve all residents of the community and the Public Library system area. Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic, or political status; or because of mental, emotional, or physical condition; age; or sexual orientation period
The use of the library may be denied for due cause. Such causes may be failure to return library materials or to pay penalties, destruction of library property, disturbance of other patrons, or any other illegal, disruptive, or objectionable conduct on library premises.
The library provides materials and resources for information, entertainment, intellectual development, and enrichment of the people of the community. The library shall endeavor to:
- Select, organize, and make available necessary books and materials.
- Provide guidance and assistance to patrons.
- Sponsor and implement programs, exhibits, displays, book lists, etc., which would appeal to children and adults.
- Cooperate with other community agencies and organizations
- Secure information beyond its own resources run requested. Using interlibrary loan and other resource sharing materials provided through the system and state.
- Lend to other libraries upon request.
- Develop and provide services to patrons with special needs.
- Maintain a balance in its services to various age groups.
- Cooperate with, but not perform the functions of, school or other institutional libraries.
- Provides service during hours which best meet the needs of the community, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Regularly review library services being offered.
- Use media and other public relations mechanisms to promote the full range of available library services.