Butler Public Library Volunteer Agreement
The Butler Public Library recognizes the great contributions volunteers can make to the Library and community. The potential liability exposure in engaging the services of volunteers is also recognized.
As a volunteer, I understand I am expected to perform in cooperation with Library staff and comply with the same work rules, policies, and procedures applicable to Library employees.
I understand I will not be paid for my services as a volunteer.
I understand that all library users have a legal right to privacy and that by law all information pertaining to anyone’s use of the Butler Public Library must be held as strictly confidential.
I understand that the Butler Public Library is a smoke-free, drug-free, and alcohol-free environment, and my volunteer opportunity will be terminated if under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
I understand as a Volunteer have the right:
- To be respected and valued and to know what my rights and responsibilities are.
- To be provided necessary information to carry out my role as a volunteer and to know what is expected of me.
- To be given support and supervision from a library staff member
- To be provided a safe working environment.
- To be free from harassment or discrimination.
As a Volunteer I am responsible:
- To carry out the agreed upon duties to the best of my abilities.
- To arrive on time and notify the library prior to any absence
- To work with the aims, objectives, values and goals of the Library.
- To work under the Library rules, regulations and policies.
- To be honest and reliable.
- To be capable of interacting with the public and staff in a positive manner.
- To wear a name tag at all times while working in the library.
I understand I may terminate my volunteer service at any time and that the Butler Public Library may terminate my volunteer service at any time.
Signature of Volunteer Date
Signature of Parent or Guardian of a Minor Date